I am still extracting dye from Xanthoria parietina, yellow wall lichen. Here is the color right now, deep red with pinkish hint, perhaps more like a raspberry juice. I started this jar on April 21st and will wait till the end of May and then dye. I have got another three jars set up, the colour of the liquid in them quickly cought up with this first one, but there are slight differences, one jar more towards terracotta red, one deep redcurrent red. I can’t open the four jars inside because of the pungent smell and can’t leave them outside because of a very cold weather so it’s more complicated to aerate the mass inside. I now stir it only 1-2 max 3 times a day and all seams to work just as well as when I did it more often. I get a feeling it’s more warmth which matters and to ensure that I have one jar on the radiator and three in a ‘water bath’ – sitting in a pot filled with water which I occasionally heat up.