My dyeing pots are still on the hob. The madder one has been there for over a week, each day the madder roots releasing more and more color, like a reward for the patience. This time I have dyed with madder powder from P&M Woolcraft and the hue is much stronger than what I achieved last time when I used this dye. Brick, rusty red. I thought it would be browner as I accidently boiled it for some time.
I also tried eucalyptus leaves for the first time and was surprised to get yellow instead of rusty/brownish one mentioned in various books.
Not that I wouldn’t like yellow, but after the last week, dyeing with weld and onion skins and then more onion skins to exhaust dyebaths I would welcome a change. It seamed the right time to use an iron modifier, which I did and the result is lovely mossy green. Will show you when the felt dries.