continued from here
First, thanks to all of you who have come and left a comment on my previous post. I enjoyed reading them all and it was very interesting to see your colour preferences.
Blood red got the most voices (7), followed by brown and emerald green (both 4), then navy blue and turquoise (both3) and scarlet (2). Mid Blue, black, violet and claret got 1 voice each.
the winner is an author of the comment No 8!!! “How exciting. What a fab idea. I can’t wait to see it. 1 and 9 for me. it will look flame like – but shibori. Brilliant” by Joni Phippin! Cogratulations, Joni!
So, I dyed part of the cloth with scarlet and the rest with blood red. Joni was right, it does look flame like – and gorgoues (and the colour is almost like an antidepressant in these dark grey days)!
…dry and untied…
…the back side…
(I took plenty of pictures, but because itis soo grey over here, I could use just few)
My original idea was not only to change colour but texture as well. As we don’t have dryer I used all kinds of tools to dry it quickly so that I could untie the buttons and take a picture before it gets too dark. It would be nice to see the pattern when the piece is flat, but I will leave it like this and let Joni decide if she wants to wet and flatten it and reveal the design. If she does so, I am sure she will let us know on her blog.
I too liked the original yellow piece and some of you suggested to leave it and perhaps hang it as it is. But I was too curious + I need those buttons back 🙂 + some of them dyed in the process and now I have some lovely redish buttons for a next project.