More than a year since I started this quilt it can be pronounced finished.
At the beginning it was just an experiment. I used to make cards using dried flowers and still had some – from my mum’s garden. Moving over here I have got used to drinking a lot of English tea. So I thought what if I put these two together. Using Bondaweb I bonded flowers to dried and emptied tea bags and joined all of them with Angelina fibre, like a cobweb (in the garden).
For the groundcloth I used some of the cotton I dyed couple of years ago. It is all bonded to a brown felt. Since I used only simple and not a lot of stitches and no bating it is for me unusually flat (which makes me wonder if it is really really finished).
It is a patient quilt: it had to wait a lot from the beginning to it’s end. But we made it together! Funny, with each finnished UFO (unfinished object or WIPs work in progress) I feel lighter and more free
(to start again something else, maybe another UFO 🙂 )
For more detailed pictures click here please. More posts about this quilt are in the mixed media category.